Friday, December 31, 2010

Insomnia & Relationships

I was sitting here bored out of my mind, can't sleep as usual. This will probably be long and all over the place so bare with me. I was browsing PTO and came across a thread asking if a piece of paper really makes some married? Well as you can imagine some immediately flew off the handle shoving religion into it.

Their main argument was marriage is all about the vows and commitment you make to one another in front of god and everyone. **AMEN! But what does that have to do with the stupid $100 piece of paper issued by the State of Florida?? (or wherever you live)  Unless God works for the state I don't see where your argument is plausible. Just sayin! **

The next was all about the legal aspects of it and how the two of your merge your lives and two truly became one. ** Whoa buddy! Maybe its just me cuz I've been there, done that. Or maybe its because I've been burned so many times before, But let's say you get your little piece of paper, buy a house, cars, joint bank accounts, have kids, etc. Then something happens and your marriage has crashed and burned. Hot Damn you realize you now have the huge headache of deciding who deserves what, which causes more hatred towards each other cuz let's face it the human nature is to be stingy. Thanks but no thanks, not going through another divorce even though mine was a walk in the park compared to some. Next time I may not be so lucky **


Some other thoughts are what about people who are legally married but can't wear rings for health or some other reason. What about people who cant afford rings, are you saying because they didn't go the "traditional route" they aren't married? I mean don't get me wrong I would love to get legally married again someday BUT I would have separate savings accounts and one joint account for Bills ONLY! But hell I would even be happy with just having a wedding ceremony without the legal paperwork. To me you can waive your little piece of paper and ring around all day but it don't mean shit unless you both are truly committed to each other. Just like the so-called "Christians" who are up in church every service and every Friday & Saturday right up in the club or runnin the streets, Unless you are truly committed to something it doesn't matter what you have to prove a relationship its not gonna mean anything.             

Moving on......

So what do you consider the definition of relationship?

To me its when the thought of your actions hurting them literally hurts you. You have a deep connection with them that you cant share with anyone else. You give each other a sense of security and trust. You are totally committed to them mind, body, and soul. You know once trust is broken you can't get it back and if so its extremely hard to regain but it will never be how it once was. If one goes without, you both do. If one is down, the other does everything they can to make it better. If one is in trouble, the other tries to figure out how to fix it. When one makes life changing decisions, they stop and think about how it might affect the other. I could go on & on but I think you catch my drift.



So my questions for you are: #1 how much does that little piece of paper mean in a marriage? #2 What is your definition of relationship?


*from the insomniac herself*
-xoxox Brandi-

No comments:

Post a Comment